Comfort Keepers Provides Private Duty Nursing in Edina, MN
Professional private duty nursing provisions for the elderly in and around the Edina, MN area.
Though it is realized that most family members or friends are prepared and fully capable of accommodating the needs of the care for their elderly loved ones, what happens if, and when those needs begin to exceed the capability of the family? Comfort Keepers of Edina steps in with provisions of private duty nursing. Our compassionate and quality service gives your family with the medical attention your aging loved one needs in an effort to maintain their independence while living in the comfort of their own home. This alleviates the need to place them in a nursing or assisted living facility.
Private Duty Nursing
Private duty nursing provided by Comfort Keepers offers a professional Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) or Registered Nurse (RN) to provide assistance and medical attention to your elderly loved one. Though private duty nursing is centered around the medical needs of clients, each case is privy to our Interactive Caregiving model. This model ensures that each nurse demonstrates an active interest in the well-being of your elderly loved one and continuously engages them in their care plan as much as possible.
Private duty nursing includes but is not limited to the following:
- Training family and friends to provide proper care for elderly loved ones
- Organizing medications for weekly dosing in the appropriate pill dispensers to endure that all dosages are correct and available at the proper times
- The administering of certain types of medications such as eye and ear drops, oral and topical meds, inhalants, injections, oxygen and nebulizers
- Maintaining ostomy and catheter hygiene
- Preparing insulin syringes, relaying blood sugar results and sliding scale dosages as ordered by the doctor
- Provision of personal medical care such as oral cavity suctioning, nail trimming, and bowel observation
Comfort Keepers’ private duty nursing services of Edina is standing by to assist aging seniors and their families. We provided regularly scheduled or customized nursing visits based on the needs of the aging adult and the desires of the family. Our nurses are available seven days a week, 24-hours per day. It is our practice to have nurses work alongside the medical support team of the client to ensure that they are receiving the level of care as instructed by their medical care provider.
Home Care For Your Loved One in Edina
and the Surrounding Areas
Offering a full range of in home companionship and personal care services to support independent senior living at home in Edina and the surrounding areas.
CONTACT US TODAY FOR A FREE IN-HOME CONSULTATION!
One of our caregivers will contact you shortly.